Monday, December 12, 2011

Have you been Naught or Nice?

Or more appropriately named, "Confessions of a Naughty Quilter"

As I was sewing along today, I started daydreaming about Santa's Naughty and Nice list. With 3 kids in the house, there has been much talk about it lately. But, what if Santa was strictly looking at my quilting for a basis of his list? Would I be on the naughty or nice list?

Let's see...

I go thru periods of quilt frenzy, then draught = probably naughty
I am always searching for new techniques on the web or classes I can take to better my skills = nice.
I try to work in practice time for skills I haven't quite got the hang of = nice
I have a long list of "want to do" projects, that I want to complete for people I love = nice
But, I am easily distracted and don't always follow thru or complete them = naughty
I find inspiration everywhere = nice
I try to use colors that are outside my comfort zone, especially if the recipient likes them = nice
I often dream about quilting (my next project, what design I will quilt to finish, etc.) = nice
I hand appliqué labels in shapes to coordinate my quilt and/or recipients tastes = nice
I buy all kinds of fabric "for rainy days" (it rarely rains here), and hide it from my husband = definitely naughty
Sometimes, heck most of the time, I "iron" rather than "press" my seams = gasps heard around the world mean its naughty
I don't always change my needle with each new project = naughty (but hey, not all projects are the same size, detail, etc..
If I've ripped out a seam more than 3 times and can't get it to fit right, I either leave it alone, or throw it away all together = naughty
I often tell my husabnd I've spent more time doing errands when I've actually been at my sewing machine all day = naughty

I think my naughties out-weigh my nices. Perhaps Santa will give me a fat quarter bundle of greys and black tones instead of coal???

Well? What about you? Can you top me? Are you naughty or nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.