Thursday, December 8, 2011

Slow progress

Well, I'm glad I got to sewing when I did. I was able to finish the last few blocks of machine appliqué. I had 34 blocks in all and have been making very slow progress for the last few weeks. Now they are all done and will be sewn into two different baby sized quilt tops. I will upload pictures as soon as I download them from my phone.

I'm so glad I did this project. It gave me a chance to really get the hang of introductory machine appliqué. I took a class 2 years ago, but was no good at it. Looking back, I was still getting the hang of sewing in general, and my then new, machine. Perhaps now I can go back to the project we were working on in that class and finally complete something that doesn't just look like rats nests on fabric.

Come to think of it, I have heard it said that practice makes perfect....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.