Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sometimes you have to just dive in!

Today, I finally pulled out my alternate fabrics I bought for the Batik tile quilt.  I began to audition each one, and I realized I could literally do it for hours and not be any closer to choosing.  Part of the problem is that so many of the fabrics look nice together, and part of the problem is that my fabrics are obviously a little different than the picture the pattern used (at some point I also realized that the fabrics in the picture varied from how the pattern was written too).  So of course, my quilt isn't going to turn out exactly like the pattern.  It was downright silly of me to think so in the first place!

So after a few pictures, and wavering, I decided that sometimes you just have to dive right in!  I chose, and started to piece.  The end.  Only time will tell how it will turn out, so stay tuned!

Here are the first two blocks:

2 blocks DONE - sorry about the poor picture

2 comments:

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.