Friday, March 9, 2012

The Liebster Blog Award

My blog was awarded the Liebster Blog Award, which is totally neat!  The Liebster is awarded to a fellow blogger and means "Dear", "Beloved" or Favorite", it is then passed along to more "Dear", "Beloved", or "Favorite" Blogs.  Quite cool.

This award was given to me by the lovely, talented, and very humorous Tina of Holy Scrap!  Even the name of her blog makes me smile!  Thank you, Tina, for noticing my blog and your lovely comments.

Now it is my turn to tell you about some of my my Favorites, but first I should mention the rules...

The Rules: (Of course, there are rules. What's an award without rules?)
1. First off, it is for up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers
2. You gotta thank and link back to the person who gave it to you.
3. You copy-past the award and blog about it.
4. You pass it on to 5 other deserving blogs and leave a comment letting them know and hope the love keeps going around.

Normally, I tend to ignore emails, etc. that require sending it on, but this one is purely fun and all about just getting the word out about a blogger you already love, so.....Here are my 5 picks and I hope you check them out:

  • Emily at Keeping Time - not a quilting blog, but I love her voice.  She has a real talent for writing, and I love hearing about her "scenes" from her life and tales of motherhood
  • Clare at Selfsewn - I love her fresh look.  Her tutorials are great, and I'm looking forward to seeing more paper piecing and handwork on her blog.
  • Elisa at Postpartum Quilter - Elisa participates in several swaps and I love to see what she has created and received.  She is also a kindred spirit, quilting to alleviate the chaos of that kids can sometimes bring.
  • Sarah at Narcoleptic in a Cupboard - this is a new blog I just found this week, but I am already in love with her witty/humorous writing style.  And, she is talented to boot!  A perfect combination!
  • Laura at Pine Ridge Quilter - Laura puts all of herself into her quilts and is quite honest about it.  I appreciate that.  I also loved her 25 days of Christmas; over the holidays she posted a picture of a 
So feel free to check out these lovely blogs when you get a chance.  Who knows, you might fall in love with them as I have.




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! And thank you so much for including me. I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.