Friday, March 23, 2012

Time is a 4 letter word

Time.  It can be long or short, easy or even hard, fleeting, and sweet, but around here time is a four letter word because there is just never enough of it.  I'm not sure if it is the illness of my baby niece, or just a general feeling that one gets as you approach "middle age", but I've come to realize I need more time!  There are simply too many things I want to do and not enough time to do them.  Aside from my ever growing list of quilting projects I would like to do and a vague bucket list, I also want to spend more time with my family, travel, learn guitar and maybe Japanese. The house could use more of my daily time spent cleaning. My golf clubs are crying out for me in the middle of the night.  And then there is the occasional nap or book I want to leisurely read that just never seems to happen.  The problem, of course, is that I don't have enough time.  Which strikes me as odd, because I should have more time than most people.  But somehow it gets sucked up by doctors appointments, grocery shopping, driving the carpool, and a whole bunch gets flittered away by that other (happens to be a four letter) word: life.

Aside from giving up sleep, does anyone have a cure?

I'm off to art training for my next class with the kids.  Will tell you all about it when I have TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.