Wednesday, April 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday

My "Bee Happy" quilt top is done for the Hands2Help drive
Hurrah, Hurrah!  The top for my Hands2Help quilt is done!  I finished up the borders and hive applique this morning.  Now on to the back and quilting, right?  Ms. Kitty has been acting up a little since her trip for annual servicing.  I am a little disappointed, since she was working just fine BEFORE I took her.  I just hope I can get the quilting done on this project before I have to take her in again.

I've also been working on my monthly challenge for the Free Motion Challenge at SewCalGal.  This month's challenge includes a transfer technique that is used to mark your quilts, and I sure am glad to learn it.  I just wish I had known about it before I quilted those feathers on the peacock quilt!  Here are a couple of shots of my practice motif.  I still need to do my final project for this month's challenge.  Hopefully, I will get to show it to you on Friday as a finish.



Completed Projects:

  • I completed my little gifties, which I cannot show pics of until they are delivered in a few weeks.  But, I am very pleased with how they came out


On-going Projects:

  • Hands2Help Bee Happy Quilt
  • Free-Motion Challenge Placemat
  • Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted!


Back Burner:

  • New York Beauty Quilt A Long
  • Urban Nine Patch - I am sew excited about starting this new project, but it really should wait until Bee Happy is done.
  • Thank you quilt for Ashley's teacher - due second week of June!
  • Lincoln quilt - need to put the borders on this baby and finish it up.


This week's stats:
Completed projects - 1 (actually 3 gifts!)
New projects - 3 (basically most of my back burner quilts)
Currently in Progress - 3

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.