Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hole in the Head - WIP Wednesday

What was I thinking?  I must have a hole in my head or something, because I managed to start a new project that wasn't on my list from last week.



I started quilting the Bee Happy quilt, got about 1/3 of the way done, and needed a break.  What better way to spend my break than to try to figure out how to put together a mosaic with my colors for the 3 x 6 Bee, and I realized that I had absolutely no pictures of anything quilt related in red, white and blue.  I did, though, have a project on my UFO list that was supposed to be red, white and blue, and I had all the fabrics needed to start the project.  So I started cutting, and I managed to get a few blocks put together.


There is something calming about paper piecing.  I think it is the methodical, cut, sew, press, repeat.  I needed something calming this week and I feel so much better just spending a few hours with this routine.  Refreshed almost!


Completed Projects:

  • Nada, but I am getting closer on the Bee Happy quilt, maybe next week.  


On-going Projects:

  • Hands2Help Bee Happy Quilt - quilting in progress 
  • Red, White, Blue New York Beauty - piecing in progress
  • Blue & White Stack-n-Whack for May UFO challenge - I actually glanced at it this week.
  • Free-Motion Challenge Placemat for May - I am determined to finish before the last days of the month
  • Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted!


Back Burner:

  • New York Beauty Quilt A Long - actually different from the one above.
  • Urban Nine Patch - Decided to do this block for my solids group in the 3 x 6 Bee
  • Thank you quilt for Ashley's teacher - due second week of June!  Plenty of time, right?
  • Lincoln quilt - need to put the borders on this baby and finish it up.


This week's stats:
Completed projects - 0
New projects - 1
Currently in Progress - 5

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.