Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fallen leaves, falling behind - WIP Wednesday



The last day of school is tomorrow, and I have just gotten started on my teacher's gift!  I know I will not be able to finish it, but luckily our teacher is going to be teaching summer school to some of the older kids, so as long as I get it done soon I should be forgiven.

I got this idea from Samelia's Mum month's ago.  Since she is down under, her school year ends during our winter, and she made a wonderful tree wall hanging for a special teacher. I thought it was a brilliant concept.

I thought this would go quickly by machine applique, but one test piece on Big Brother told me it was not the best idea.  He does have a zigzag stitch, but it was a little unpredictable and I want this to look nice!  Without Ms. Kitty back, I am appliqueing by hand.   I am going to write each student's name on a leaf (the 3 "fallen" leaves are kids that left during the year).  I hope it will turn out alright.

Completed Projects:


On-going Projects:
  • Thank you quilt for Ashley's teacher - in progress
  • Red, White, Blue New York Beauty - piecing in progress
  • Urban Nine Patch - just blocks for my 3 x 6 Bee, I have assembled 3, but have a few more to do
  • Urban Nine Patch Tablerunner
  • Handstitched goodies, including the class quilt
  • June UFO - "A Christmas Something for myself" - piecing in progress
Back Burner:

  • New York Beauty Quilt A Long - actually different from the one above.
  • Swoon - this pattern is just sitting, calling me, but let's be realistic!
  • Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted!
  • Lincoln quilt - need to put the borders on this baby and finish it up.
  • Blue & White Stack-n-Whack for May UFO challenge 


This week's stats:
Completed projects - 1 - Hooray!
New projects - 0
Currently in Progress - 6

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.