Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Handstitched vacation - WIP Wednesday (vacation edition)



pardon the random strings, I needed a way to remember which color went where
Vacations are wonderful, but they can have mixed results on a girls "to-do" list.  Luckily, with Ms. Kitty being in the shop and the Handstitched Class in full swing, I have plenty of projects to do that don't require a sewing machine.  Unfortunately, the portion of my list that includes machine work is growing rather quickly!

For this vacation, I brought 3 hand projects with me. 
  1. The Embroidery portion of my Medallion Quilt for the Handstitched Class
  2. My English Paper Piecing project - little hexagons in Christmas prints to eventually be a table runner
  3. A T-shirt that is destined to be reverse appliqued - another project from the Handstitched class
Progress has been made on all three projects!  As you can see, #1 is almost complete (well, this step anyway)!  Hooray!  Happy dancing in progress.  For #2, I have basted almost all the hexies and just need to decide on a layout and start sewing them together.  And #3 is in the hoop, basted and almost done!

So here is where I stand this Wednesday......

Completed Projects:
  • None (yet)
On-going Projects:
  • Thank you quilt for Ashley's teacher - quilting in progress
  • Red, White, Blue New York Beauty - piecing in progress
  • Urban Nine Patch Tablerunner - sandwiched and awaiting quilting
  • Handstitched goodies, including the class quilt
  • June UFO - "A Christmas Something for myself" - English paper piecing in progress (wow it takes a while!)
  • July UFO - tile batik quilt - piecing in progress
Back Burner: (Maybe I am mistaken about the meaning of this category.  I seem to just be collecting UFO projects here.)
  • New York Beauty Quilt A Long - actually different from the one above.
  • Swoon - my fabric is waiting, and waiting, and waiting
  • Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted!
  • Lincoln quilt - need to put the borders on this baby and finish it up.
  • Blue & White Stack-n-Whack for May UFO challenge 

Ms. Kitty is supposedly waiting for me at the shop when I return.  I DO hope she is in working order and ready to quilt up some of these UFO's!  'Cause otherwise, I am going to have to go to Plan C....

This week's stats:
Completed projects - 0
New projects - 0
Currently in Progress - 6-ish

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.