Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Underwater - WIP Wednesday



Well, not a whole lot of progress has been made since last Wednesday.  If you remember, I was on vacation last week and we didn't get home until almost midnight on Sunday.  If/when I got a chance to stitch during the last few days of vacation, I spent my time working on the "jewels" portion of the embroidery for the Medallion Quilt.  You can see from the  picture above, an orange jewel in the lower right hand corner.  Well, there are 8 of those jewels in the borders, and they take FOREVER to satin stitch.  I now have 3 1/2 left to go.  But hey, that's still progress!



Of the other hand projects I took with me, the little hexagons are still basted and waiting on a layout, and my T-shirt is still in the hoop waiting for the next step.

I am a full two weeks behind in the Handstitched class, and trying not to fret too much.  Luckily, last week's topic was English Paper Piecing, and we have the option of doing the next step of the Medallion quilt by machine paper piecing instead (if we are running shy on time, like I am).  So, it is a given that I will be doing THAT step, not by hand, in order to catch up.

As of tomorrow, I will also be 4 weeks behind on the Beginner's Quilt Along at Quilting Gallery.  At least that really only translates to 4 blocks.  If I can find some time alone in the next few days, I might be able to get the cutting and piecing done on all 4 at once.

Finding the time alone is the tricky part!  We have done nothing but run around since arriving home from vacation and my oldest is home with me this week.  Normally, she can entertain herself rather well, but I guess having both parents at her disposal for 2 weeks straight has made her think we don't have anything to do other than what she wants.  Gotta love it!

So I am underwater this Wednesday......

Completed Projects:
  • None (yet)
On-going Projects:
  • Thank you quilt for Ashley's teacher - awaiting quilting
  • Red, White, Blue New York Beauty - piecing in progress
  • Urban Nine Patch Tablerunner - sandwiched and awaiting quilting
  • Handstitched goodies, including the class quilt
  • June UFO - "A Christmas Something for myself" - English paper piecing in progress (wow it takes a while!)
  • Design something for the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop - my stop is in September, but at my pace, I better get started soon.
  • Whichever Quilt Along I decide on from yesterday's post

Back Burner: (Maybe I am mistaken about the meaning of this category.  I seem to just be collecting UFO projects here.)
  • Swoon - my fabric is waiting, and waiting, and waiting
  • Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted!
  • Lincoln quilt - need to put the borders on this baby and finish it up.
  • Blue & White Stack-n-Whack for May UFO challenge 
  • July UFO - tile batik quilt - piecing in progress


In other news, Ms. Kitty returned from the shop only to return to it a day later.  Plan C must be put into action.  I am going to start looking for a replacement.  Luckily several other bloggers lately have been shopping too, so I will likely piggy-back on their research.  My biggest hurdle seems to be that there aren't many dealers around here.  There is a huge international quilt show going on in 2 weeks nearby, but if I buy a machine there, I may not have anywhere close to get it serviced if I run into trouble.  Things to ponder.....

This week's stats:
Completed projects - 0
New projects - 2
Currently in Progress - 7-ish

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. I am two weeks behind on Handstitched Class as well, and I haven't even touched the jewels project! Your stitching on the jewels is beautiful! I also love those red and blue blocks. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.