Sunday, August 5, 2012

Inspiration Sunday (2) - via the International Quilt Festival in Long Beach

Are you ready for the second installment of inspirational photos from the International Quilt Festival in Long Beach?  Here are two more AWESOME ideas to incorporate into your quilts.

First up, "A Gentle Heart" made by Terry Waldron of Anaheim, CA.  This was part of a "Text in Textiles" exhibit.  It was hand appliqued, hand beaded, and machine quilted.

Text on quilts is all the rage right now, but what I loved most about this quilt was the silhouette at the top.  It is simple, modern and BEAUTIFUL!  I also love the echo quilting around it, keeps the design simple.



Next up, an idea that might make my mom start quilting!  "Ethel's Diary" by Eileen Campbell of Kew, Victoria, Australia.  It is machine appliqued, digitally printed, free-motion stitched and quilted, and couched.

She took excerpts of her great-aunt Ethel's diary, added family photos and came up with this gorgeous memory quilt.  Truly inspirational!


I've been meaning to try out those special fabric sheets that allow you to print out photos onto fabric.  I just haven't gotten to it yet.  This could take your scrapbooking to a whole new level!

Until next Sunday!

Jen


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jen! I've just come over to say hello from the Star of Africa bee. These quilts are an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used the printable fabric on a few quilts now, love it, think I'll be using on on May's block too, but it's still being planned!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.