Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Life catches up with me - WIP Wednesday

When you are extremely busy for a long period of time, things are bound to catch up with you.  These last few weeks of summer have flown by at breakneck speed, and we have really jammed packed a lot of activities into our time.  But, they caught up to me around 11 pm last night when I spiked a fever, had the aches and pains to go with it, and an extremely sore throat.  Needless to say, I spent the entire day in bed today.  It is now 5 pm, and the first time I've gotten up.  Luckily this post was mostly written yesterday when I felt better.


I finally started quilting this tree wall hanging for Ashley's kindergarten teacher.  It is starting to come together nicely.  I still need to add the kids' names on the leaves and bind it, but then it will be finished!  Hooray!

This Wednesday......

Completed Projects:

On-going Projects:
  • Handstitched goodies - I am STILL in limbo on several of the projects, including some coasters, an applique pillow, and of course, the backing for my medallion quilt.  It is just too HOT to think about holding some of these things in my lap while I sew.
  • Design something for the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop - I have my idea, I have my fabric, I STILL need to put it in motion
  • Vintage Holiday Quilt Along - Still behind, but catching up is pure fun!  Heidi was right, there is something about putting the gray tops and white borders on that just transforms these blocks into cuteness.
  • Totally Groovy Quilt Along - I need to start cutting like yesterday.
  • Star of Africa Bee -I need to do the July block in PINK - block is now 75 percent complete.  Just a couple hand touches needed.  I hope to post on Tuesday - you won't want to miss it!
  • "Tree" themed quilt for the guild - the guild is having a quilt show in October and each member is asked to make a small quilt with a "tree" theme.  I am going to make something similar to Ashley's teacher's Thank you quilt below.
  • Grammie's placemats - with a trip scheduled for September, I better get these started so I can hand deliver them!
  • August Free Motion Challenge - I've been busy drawing on paper, and this month's motif is more difficult than it looks!
  • Thank you quilt for Ashley's teacher - now mostly quilted!!  I just need to add the kids' names and bind it.  So sad, that I will likely be giving this to her on the first week of the NEW school year!  What better way to remind her what great kids she had last year, right?  LOL!

Back Burner:

I am determined not to forget these projects!  Keeping them in this category reminds me of them on a weekly basis.
  • Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted!  Tookie is no longer holding this project up.
Tookie on quilt

  • Red, White, Blue New York Beauty - piecing in progress
  • June UFO - "A Christmas Something for myself" - English paper piecing in progress.  It will be a table runner of hexagons.  This is the hand project I keep in the car, so I will do a little at a time, but progress is slow.
  • Charity quilt for the guild - I'm going to miss the next meeting, but need to bring it to September's.  I hate to say it, but I am totally unmotivated to do this one.  The fabric is..., well, blah.  I know I need to bite the bullet and just run it through the machine and be done with it.
This week's stats:
Completed projects - 2, blocks that is.
New projects - 0
Currently in Progress - 9-ish

I hope you will return on Tuesday for Building Blocks Tuesday linky party.  I have figured out how to add the photos for your links, and can't wait to see what you are creating!

Quilter in the Closet

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's .
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

  1. I'm behind on a few of those QALs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you feel bad, and I hope you feel better soon. The wall hanging looks great though. I love it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wall hanging looks beautiful and you've done a great job with the quilting! Will you be embroidering the names on the leaves? Your batik quilt looks great too! Can't wait to see tour finishes and hope you get well soon! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is how I picture a quilted tree. It's just beautiful!! Lovely, lovely work. She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so I thought my project list was long, I've got nothing compared to you! Your teacher quilt is beautiful, love the quilting on it. She will be so touched. It is parents like you that make teachers feel appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilting on your tree wall-hanging. Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.