Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Truckin' Along - WIP Wednesday

Yes, you get to see this block one more time.  I am just so tickled PINK how it turned out!  It will be off to Germany this week to become part of the collection of the July Queen Bee for the Star of Africa Bee.

Speaking of, we may be looking for a new member soon, who lives outside of the UK or US (sorry we are looking for some diversity this time).  If you live outside these areas, and are interested, email me or leave a comment.  When the spot officially opens, you might be at the top of the list!

In other news, I have finally started on my project for the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop, and it is truckin' along!  Now obviously, I can't really show you my progress as I am "unveiling" it for the blog hop, but I can give you the tiniest sneak peek...


That is a little piece of "Peak Hour" from Riley Blake.  With 3 little girls here in the house, it is actually a nice change to work with "boy-ish" fabric.  The piecing is in progress...

This Wednesday......

Completed Projects:

On-going Projects:
  • Handstitched goodies - several projects in limbo, but in reality these are on the "back burner" unless I have a spark of inspiration and a bunch of time.
  • Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop Item - Started!!  I actually have a few blocks done!
  • Vintage Holiday Quilt Along - Still behind, but only 4 more blocks to go!
  • Totally Groovy Quilt Along - not started
  • How Far Will You Go? QAL - I might need to put this one aside for a little while.
  • Star of Africa Bee - get an early jump on September's block??
  • "Tree" themed quilt for the guild - I have had an epiphany.....I will not have time to do this!
  • Grammie's placemats - not started. deadline Sept 19th

Back Burner:

I am determined not to forget these projects!  Keeping them in this category reminds me of them on a weekly basis.
  • Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted!  
  • Red, White, Blue New York Beauty - piecing in progress, but put well out of the way.  I need to be in a paper-piecing mood to resume.
  • June UFO - "A Christmas Something for myself" -EPP in progress.  I figured out this weekend that if I want a table runner of a normal-ish size, I am going to have to baste some more hexies.  Perhaps, I should just make a collection of mug rugs instead?
  • Charity quilt for the guild - not started
This week's stats:
Completed projects - 10, blocks that is.
New projects - 0
Currently in Progress - 8-ish

Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to yesterday's post!  The linky stays open for a whole week, so feel free to add them as you complete or wait for next Tuesday (or both)!

Quilter in the Closet

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's .
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. WOW, you've got loads of exciting things going on, looking forward to coming back and finding out more about your project for lets get acquainted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see May's block again, and I love love love the truck!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.