Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I've got the fever - WIP Wednesday

I've been working feverishly on something and hope (fingers crossed) to have another finish posted tomorrow!  I've actually been so caught up in my work, I realized I didn't have anything to take a picture of for this post, so I ran downstairs and snapped a sneak peek for you...


That's right!  There is more quilting in progress here.

This Wednesday......

Completed Projects:
  • Star of Africa Bee Block - September's is done (you can read about it here). Now I need to finish October's!
  • Leaf Table runner - Done!
  • Batik Stripe Quilt - this one moved up the lists and is now D-O-N-E!  Once I got warmed up on the table runner, I had to continue with something else.  Bonus!  It is part of  my 100 Day Hustle list.

On-going Projects:

AKA - "stuff I plan to touch this week".
  • Vintage Holiday Quilt Along - top done, backing done, sandwiched and basted.  Needs quilting and I am STILL suffering from quilter's block.  How do I solve this problem?  Quilt something else.... 
  • Totally Groovy Quilt Along - Top DONE!  I admit that during the piecing process, I had given very little thought to the back of this quilt, but I managed to come up with something.  Quilting now in progress.
  • Star of Africa Bee - October's block is now due.  Designing in progress (Read "I am doodling in a notebook from time to time)
  • Preschool Pillowcases - time to get started on these.  I know it doesn't sound like much, but they have a lot of pillows that all need new cases.
  • Free Motion Challenge item - my arms are so sore from all the quilting these last few days, but I might have a little left in me for this one too.

Back Burner:

These will likely be touched in a couple of weeks.
  • How Far Will You Go? QAL - I put this one aside until my blocks for the bees were done.  Now they are, but I need a tiny break from blocks (especially paper pieced ones). 
  • Handstitched Medallion Quilt - THE main project of the class.  I actually did have an opportunity to rip out the borders that have been giving me trouble, but now I need to fix them and sew them back on again.
The Back, Back Burner:

Lightning would have to strike twice.

This week's stats:
Completed projects - 3!
New projects - 1
Currently in Progress - 5

Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to yesterday's post!  The linky stays open for a whole week, so feel free to add them as you complete or wait for next Tuesday (or both)!

Quilter in the Closet

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's and .
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.