Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Teacher's Gifts - WIP Wednesday

Teachers' holiday gifts WIPs

I started working on the gifts for my 2 eldest girls to give to their teachers for the holidays.  I seem to be the placemat queen, don't I?  Well, I figured it was practical for when they are eating at their desk, etc.

The lined fabric is Bungle Jungle by Moda, and the other stuff I've had for ages and I'm not sure what it is.  It came from Joann's (enough said, right).  I think I was planning on making an indoor hopscotch with it, but I really don't remember it has been so long.  Anyway, it suits this purpose just fine.

The plan is that each girl will write a short message to her teacher using fabric markers, perhaps even draw a nice picture too.  I will then sandwich and quilt it.

Our holiday break is coming up pretty soon, so I hope you will see these move to the finished category soon!

This Wednesday......

Completed Projects:

On-going Projects:

AKA - "stuff I plan to touch this week or next".
  • Vintage Holiday Quilt Along - quilting in progress!  Yes, I finally did SOMETHING to start it.
  • How Far Will You Go? QAL - Catch up in progress. 
  • Miscellaneous sewn gifties - time to get started on gifts!
  • Star of Africa Bee - November's Block is due December 15th 
  • Handstitched Medallion Quilt - quilting in progress.  It will be a long process, but I've actually been working on it more than I would have expected.
  • A tree ornament for the guild exchange - this one is new, but the holiday lunch is Saturday so I better get going.
  • Christmas Decor - I am determined to sew something to show in my home this year.

Back Burner:

These will likely be touched in a couple of weeks.
  • Beginner Quilt Along at Quilting Gallery - top needs to be put together. It is ridiculous that I haven't just slapped this one together
  • Charity quilt for the guild - not started.   
  • My Blue & White One Block Wonder - geez, this one just needs to be backed and quilted and it would make a great charity quilt.  I plan on just stippling it anyhow, why can't I get it done in the New Year?
  • I've joined a Winter Mug Rug Swap at the Crafty Gemini - I just need to figure out what my partner's tastes are and make something to suit.
The Back, Back Burner:

Lightning would have to strike twice.
  • Handstitched goodies - several small projects in limbo.  
  • EPP project - in progress.  I've definitely cooled on the idea of EPP for the moment.

This week's stats:
Completed projects - 2
New projects - 2
Currently in Progress - 5 - ish

Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to yesterday's post!  The linky stays open for a whole week, so feel free to add them as you complete or wait for next Tuesday (or both)!

I hope everyone entered my Sew Mama Sew Giveaway on Monday.   Oh, and my one year Blogiversary is coming up on this Saturday, the 8th!  Do I sense another giveaway???  Yes, yes you do! Stay tuned!

Jen

Quilter in the Closet

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's and .
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



5 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea of for the teachers. They'll love it!

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love the lightning would have to strike twice category... The place mats are great! That is a really clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your list would keep me awake at night Jen, I am impressed that you manage to keep on top of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to love lists!! I have the measuring stick fabric too, I thought it was from WalMart, but as I haven't got WalMart or JoAnn's within a few thousand miles it doesn't really matter!!! What a pain your white wasn't right - wasn't it their fault?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea, I was a teacher and would have loved one!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.