Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Quilt as You Go Scrappy Log Cabin blocks - Building Blocks Tuesday


Pink QAYG Improv Scrappy Log Cabin

When I am procrastinating properly, I tend to pick up projects that are easy and fun, yet still have some merit.  This week, I found myself making these Quilt-as-you-go (QAYG) Scrappy Log Cabin blocks.  They served several purposes: they helped me use up some of my scraps, they let me participate in the Scrappy Log Cabin QAL on Instagram, and eventually, they will be made into scrap baskets to hold even more scraps.  I wish I could take credit for the idea for the last one, but it is out of the book Sunday Morning Quilts by Cheryl Arkison and Amanda Jean Nyberg.

Orange QAYG Scrappy Log Cabin

I procrastinated my way through several colors, and nearly depleted my orange scraps altogether!  Let's not forget, it is a color I have only recently learned to love.

Untitled

In the end, I have 3 colors done, plus a few random coaster size ones for fun.  Now I suppose I will have to get to work on some of the things I have been procrastinating about, including bee blocks, quilting my Schnitzel and Boo Mini for swap, and a few different pouches that MUST be made by the end of the month.

Onward!

Would anyone be interested in a tutorial how I make these?

What blocks have you working on this week?  I would love to see.  Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open until the first Monday of next month, but I will repost it every Tuesday until a new month starts.


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!


Thanks for reading,

Jen



4 comments:

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.