Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Positive thoughts - Building Blocks Tuesday

I read a sign today that said, "If you don't have anything positive to say, then please be quiet."  Being positive is a struggle for me, almost as much as being quiet. LOL!

I will try not to bring this post down by telling you more of my new home woes; instead I will share a few blocks that I made for the lovely Katie, of Karma Willow Designs.

Bee block for Katie

 If you have never visited her blog, please do.  If you have been reading this blog for long, you know that there is a disconnect between what I think I can get done and what I actually have time for, but Katie inspires me to keep trying to get it right.  She is wonderfully organized and gets so much done (she is in a bunch of bees and swaps, so it is extra fun to see what she is up to).


bee block for Katie 2

Katie, I hope these blocks will fit in nicely with those you have already received.

In other news, I have finished all the paper piecing for Deb's NY Beauty Circle of Geese, now on to the curvy parts.

What blocks have you working on this week?  I would love to see.  Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open until the first Monday of next month, but I will repost it every Tuesday until a new month starts.


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr and Instagram pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!


Thanks for reading,

Jen







5 comments:

  1. Thanks Lady -- hope things at least become less hectic on the home front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks Jen! Hope things chill as the week progresses:)
    Here are a couple fun quotes that may help you chuckle:

    If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one. ~Cavett Robert

    Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire


    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely block Jen! Hope your new home woes are soon a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blocks look great. Sorry if the house isn't going smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great block, wonder what size it is, if only 12" the squares must be pretty small and fiddy to do. Not good being a bit negative, I know as I am also that way! Chin up

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.