Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Broken Herringbone Blocks - Building Blocks Tuesday

The last few days have been crazy busy, but I made a few blocks on Sunday in between activities.

Broken Herringbone 3, for Shelly

These are Broken Herringbone blocks for Shelly in the We Bee Canadian bee.  No, I am not Canadian.  I am only an honorary Canadian since my We Bee With It group couldn't get enough members for this 6 month period.  These ladies are very nice to allow me to join them, and there are some familiar names in the group, so I am sure it will be great.

Broken Herringbone 2, for Shelly

The Broken Herringbone blocks are a little intense, but not difficult.  I must admit that I did not see where the block was headed until nearly the last step.  But, I do like how they turned out.

You can find the tutorial HERE at Play Crafts, or by clicking any of the links for Broken Herringbone above.


Broken Herringbone 1, for Shelly

What blocks have you working on this week?  I would love to see.  Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open until the first Monday of next month, but I will repost it every Tuesday until a new month starts.


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr and Instagram pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!

Thanks for reading,

Jen











7 comments:

  1. so impressed with this block, you have to be 100% accurate on straight seams to do these and yours are spot on, far too hard for me to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful block Jen, a whole quilt of these will be fabulous your Bee mate is very lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful block Jen, a whole quilt of these will be fabulous your Bee mate is very lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fab blocks, I bet the quilt will be awesom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful block but I can see where it would be intense! Those tiny strips...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a testiment to your piecing skills! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.