Tuesday, April 5, 2016

To be named later NY Beauty block - Building Blocks Tuesday

Hello Tuesday!

This post is going up a bit late today because I really, really wanted to have something new to share.  But, I didn't have time to sit down at my machine until this morning. This is about as far as I got on my new blocks for the week.

To be named later block

Unfortunately, last week did not go according to plan.  If you will remember, the kiddos were on Spring Break and I was hoping we would have a nice mix of restful (sewing) days and some fun day trips to places the kids would like.  Neither of those happened.  I was sick all week.  And by sick, I mean unconscious most of the time, with a lovely flu/strep combo.  I couldn't do anything all week.  I just didn't have the strength.

But, I am now back on my feet and starting to get my house back in order and get some things done around here.  This week, I need to focus on my class sample for a class I am teaching next weekend, Paper Piecing Round 2.  The ladies that took my last paper piecing class wanted more, so this time I thought I would challenge them with a little New York Beauty action.  So, I whipped up this version in EQ7.  It kind of reminds me of a sunflower.  What do you think?  Next, I need to quilt it and make it into a pillow.  I'll post my finished project as soon as I get it done.

Also, don't forget that the final check in for the 100 Day Challenge is quickly approaching!  April 15th is right around the corner.  If you haven't completed all your projects, don't despair.  How about just working on the one that is the closest to completion for the next week so you can link up?

What blocks have you working on this week?  I would love to see.  Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open until the first Monday of next month, but I will repost it every Tuesday until a new month starts.


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr and Instagram pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!

Thanks for reading,

Jen





4 comments:

  1. Oh my I am glad to hear you are feeling better! I love that NYB block! I actually just got my NYB quilt out so that I can FINALLY put a sleeve on it to hang it in my sewing nook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you didn't feel well, glad you're improving! I've been teaching my ladies NYB and circle of flying geese - and taking the fab sewing machine mat / wall hanging you made me ... Gasps of awe and wonder from everyone who sees it!!!! My ladies have been using foundation fabric instead of paper: I had a screen made and printed foundation fabric for them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely block Jen, your ladies will have a blast!

    Hope you are all back on top form now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful block! And I'm SO glad that you're feeling better. Sickness and sewing don't get along. Good that you're back on your feet and creating again.

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.